Location Pittsburgh, PA
This position is responsible for the following; however, the actual assigned duties for this position vary, based on demands for related services at a specific site.
Managing the Highmark and subsidiary/satellite facility card access and alarm detection system programs, including performing system-level and maintenance programming, arranging for repairs, preliminary
troubleshooting, and maintenance when necessary, coordinating supply and accessory delivery, managing the card production process, and coordinating construction/capital improvements to the card access and alarm systems.
Administering the company employee/contractor photo identification card system and building visitor management system, including: adding and deleting users, preliminary troubleshooting and necessary minor maintenance.
Coordinating the security incident reporting, and classification systems. Such includes, assigning investigations, reviewing completed reports for thorough investigations, conducting follow-up investigations, reporting incident results to management, maintaining an electronic database of all incidents, ensure incidents are properly classified, and prepare analysis of incidents when requested.
Assisting the Corporate Security & Safety Director or Security Manager with HIPAA and other compliance issues at Highmark and subsidiaries/affiliates.
Training Highmark employees in security and safety topics as assigned by the Corporate Security & Safety Director or Security Manager.
Administering lock & key programs. Such includes maintaining an electronic and actual key inventory, interface with locksmith-vendors, coordinating requests for lock & key service, and ensure lock service charges correspond with the work performed.
Managing and creating purchase orders for high dollar Corporate Security projects and services. Maintaining files of payment records. Processing approved invoices through to Accounts Payable, and processing department purchase orders using PeopleSoft software.
Responsible for administering the Time & Attendance program for the department including the approval of overtime and paid leave.
Interacts with contracted guard providers to ensure general support, and to acquire extra guards for special events, additional coverage, and emergencies when necessary.
Western Region only: Interacts with Highmark senior executive and garage staff to manage Pittsburgh parking leases, as well as arranging reserved parking for VIP visitors.
Promotes a culture of performance excellence departmentally, and Corporately by:
* enhancing job skills through quality process improvement and tools training / certification
* participating in process and operational improvement initiatives
* building and maintaining effective relationships throughout organization to advance Performance Excellence
Essential Job Functions:
Area of Responsibility and Key Activities/Elements:
Communicate effectively. This position displays effective communication skills while performing the following functions:
1) Operates (through system-level and maintenance programming) Highmark card access systems. The incumbent is responsible for programming all new hire, contractor, and temporary access cards; deleting cards when lost or due to separation of employment; replacing lost or defective cards; reprogramming access cards to provide necessary access due to promotions, moves, etc.; and coordinating all repairs and maintenance to the card access system.
2) Maintains the incident report database. The incumbent reviews all incident reports submitted by building security staff, conducts follow-up investigations when necessary or when directed by management, and provide incident summary and trend reports to management.
3) With management direction, performs research and provides recommendations regarding compliance issues related to Highmark and subsidiary/affiliate HIPAA projects.
4) Conducts security awareness training for new hires during initial orientation. Incumbent also conducts training sessions on security and safety topics for Highmark staff upon request by business unit managers and as directed by management. Incumbent also participates in building security officer in-service training sessions.
5) Reacts to reported malfunctions of related access control systems, troubleshoots problems, and arranges for repairs.
6) Conducts audits of the C-Cure system to check for proper logging of messages for manual actions and alarm acknowledgements. Provides reports of personnel access and other system functions to appropriate investigating or auditing components, both internally and externally
7) Maintains files and security reference manuals in a current state, revising/purging when in accordance with company and department policies and procedures.
8) Work's with the security contractor's site lead to ensure that all scheduled shift assignments are staffed. Also reviews weekly invoices for appropriate charges.
Highmark is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity (AA/EEO) employer.
· Education level and/or relevant years of experience(s) in lieu of education:
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
2 years of experience in Criminology, Administration of Justice, Criminal Justice, or Security Management
3 years of experience working in the field of physical security.
Other requirements (licenses, certifications, specialized training, physical abilities needed to perform the job):
Pennsylvania Act 235, (Lethal Weapons Training Act) firearms certification to be obtained at Highmark expense within 12 months of employment date, if not already possessed. This is the only state-issued certification available to privately-employed security officers.
This section describes additional preferred characteristics.
Additional relevant education level and/or years of experience:
Three to five years of experience in security, loss prevention, or law enforcement.
Additional relevant knowledge and/or skills and/or work experience:
Proficiency in the programming and operation of a PC-based card access system
Proficiency in the theory and operation of integrated electronic security systems of all types, including access control systems, intrusion detection systems, CCTV systems, and fire detection and suppression systems.
General knowledge of interviewing and investigation techniques
Additional relevant licenses, certifications, training, etc.:
Possess a current and valid Pennsylvania driver's license
Professional certification in physical security or related fields (e.g. CPP, PSP, CPO, Act 235)
Training in physical security, investigations, security systems or related areas.
Job ID 69873