This is a unique, high-profile position that requires excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with numerous allied agency representatives, Governor's Office staff members and the Governor and First Family. This position also typically involves considerable local, statewide and out-of-state travel, as well as some international travel, and requires frequent schedule changes and a high degree of flexibility on the part of the Executive Protection Specialist/Capitol Security ISP Specialist.
- Plans and provides Executive Protection services for the Governor, the Governor's immediate family, and visiting dignitaries.
- Coordinates (and carries out) local, state, national, and international Executive Protection details with the assistance and support of Idaho State Police District and HQ command staffs, District Idaho State Police Troopers and allied agencies, as appropriate.
- Provides a uniformed law enforcement presence and enforcement capabilities within the Capitol and other buildings comprising the "Capitol Mall Complex."
- Protects and assists visitors, vendors, and State employees within the "Capitol Mall Complex" while serving in both Executive Protection and Capitol Security roles.
- Note: This position requires extensive schedule flexibility, long shifts, and considerable travel. Common sense/good judgment, courtesy, attention to detail, and advanced driving skills are necessary attributes of successful candidates.