Location: Washington DC
Location: Washington DC
This position serves as an Operations Coordinator within an Operations Coordination (OPSCO) Unit, the central planning and coordination point for protective detail operations. The protective detail provides security for the Executive seven days a week, 24 hours a day, worldwide. The detail works closely with offices within federal, state, local, and foreign security and law enforcement organizations. This position requires a Top Secret security clearance with suitability to be granted access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI). Interested individuals who do not possess the requisite security clearance need not apply.
- Provide advice and assistance to management in the planning, staffing, and resourcing of protective operations, and recommends methods to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the planning process.
- Ensure personnel, equipment, funding, and supporting elements are properly positioned to enable the protective detail to provide a safe and secure environment for the Executive to accomplish objectives and conduct personal travel while maintaining accountability of resources through effective and monitored internal controls.
- Perform a wide variety of duties that contribute to the complexity of the position. The work involves overseeing the day-to-day operations of OPSCO, managing the information used in trip planning, overseeing databases, serving as a liaison with staffs and other entities, and working closely with senior management.
- Develop procedures and practices that ensure the efficient operation of OPSCO, strong internal controls, and evaluate operations to ensure it is meeting requirements. The incumbent will also prepare written reports and documents, and brief management on issues that affect OPSCO.
- Assist the Senior Operations Coordinator with the coordination of all protective operations; and assume the responsibilities of the Senior Operations Coordinator in his/her absence or when he/she is off duty.
- Use Information Technology (IT) systems including databases and spreadsheets to collect, organize, analyze, and process information related to the activities of the OPSCO. Evaluate and recommend purchase of IT products and systems that will improve the OPSCO’s ability to manage information. Must demonstrate computer skills necessary for documentation preparation and record keeping including spreadsheets and databases.
- Possess a working knowledge and understanding of budget policies, directives, regulations and funding structures to monitor the execution of the assigned budget areas and to advise division management on budget impact of operations and status of funds.
- Analyze and interpret complex laws and contractual requirements related to security operations.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to provide advice and consultation; give guidance and direction; plan and coordinate activities; prepare and present proposals; and represent the organization in a variety of forums.
- Possess a working knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy and regulations, and understands how to implement and promote these policies and regulations in the work environment.
Specifics on primary responsibilities and protective detail operations will be provided to fully qualified candidates during the candidate interview.
The incumbent reports to the OPSCO Unit Chief who determines priorities and deadlines, approves funding, and outlines the scope of the work and objectives. The Operations Coordinator is responsible for the daily operations of the OPSCO and keeps the supervisor informed of controversial findings, issues, or problems with widespread impact on sound internal controls.
Education/Knowledge and/or Experience:
- College degree in a related field or extensive experience in protective services is preferred.
- Experience in Government contracting is desired.
- Minimum of five (5), preferably seven (7), years of experience working in any of the following:
- Tactical Operations Center.
- Watch or Command Centers.
- Protective security supervisory or in-charge capacity.
- Experience with overseas security programs is strongly preferred.
- Intelligence, threat, vulnerability and risk analysis.
- Military or law enforcement planning cells.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of products including: Word; Excel; PowerPoint and Outlook E-mail business software.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work as a team member, builder and leader.
- This position requires self-motivation, the ability to work effectively in a fast changing environment, and ability to produce positive results with a minimum of supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently and have a strong attention for detail.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must hold a Top Secret security clearance with suitability to be granted access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI).