Perform the day-to-day protective security functions as specified in daily post and detail orders.
- Driving the lead vehicles (Auto, Aircraft, Boat), principal's vehicle, or follow-vehicle, whenever required in motorcade or similar operations.
- Driving follow-vehicle and/or acting as response agent.
- Carries and operates weapons as specified in daily post and detail orders, or upon orders from the detail leader or shift leader.
- Maintaining protective formation position during principal's walking movements.
- Participating in advance security preparations.
- Manning the security post at principals residence or manning the command post as required.
- Must be an American citizen and at least 21 years of age.
- Must have valid, current U.S. drivers license and U.S. tourist passport.
- Must have a personal and, if appropriate, military record without blemish.
- Must be in good physical condition with no health deficiencies, either temporary or long-lasting, that would preclude individual from performance of duties.
- Must have up-to-date inoculations and a physical examination by a medical doctor for international travel.
- Must be proficient in defensive driving techniques.
- Must be familiar with and have had formal training in First Aid procedures.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain either a Personal Security Clearance or High Risk/Moderate Public Trust Cert.
- Must have a minimum three (3) years experience as LRDM. This experience and background may have been gained in any of the following organizations:
- o U.S. Secret Service
- o U.S. Federal Agencies, e.g. FBI (Former Special Agents with protective security background)
- o NRA certified or equivalent weapons training program
- o U.S. Special Forces, Special Operations
- o U.S. Military Infantry (Army or USMC)
- o Commercial Executive Protection Services with military or police background.
- o Law enforcement experience (U.S. Military Police/Criminal Investigation Division; local and state law enforcement agencies, with Emergency Services Unit, special weapons and tactical training.