Employer: Australian Parliament
This opportunity is open only to ongoing APS or Parliamentary Service employees, employed under the Public Service Act 1999 or Parliamentary Services Act 1999. Further information is available from the Australian Public Service Commission webpage: http://www.apsc.gov.au/.
About the Position
This role oversees the department’s personnel, physical and information security across the department Australia wide and includes undertaking the role of Agency Security Adviser (ASA). The role oversees all aspects of security compliance under the Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF) and operational security for the agency. Successful candidates require qualifications and/or extensive relevant experience in the fields of Personnel, Physical and Information Security and in interpreting and applying the PSPF within a medium to large government agency. Successful applicants will be required to obtain and hold a Negative Vetting 2 security clearance.
- Experience of at least 5 years as an Agency Security Advisor (ASA).
- Extensive understanding of government security policies in accordance with the PSPF.
- Exceptional skills in the management and leadership of staff to achieve critical priorities.
- Capable of running multi program initiatives with a distinct focus on stakeholder communications and reporting.
Industry and Science’s security clearance requirements.
- Shapes strategic thinking
- Achieves results
- Cultivates productive working relationships
- Exemplifies personal drive and integrity
- Communicates with influence
Industry and Science is a progressive, people-focused organisation committed to the development, health and wellbeing of its employees.
We provide a challenging and flexible working environment and can help you achieve your personal work/life balance.
Our Career Centre contains all you need to know about how to apply, and the opportunities and benefits of working within our department.
Our vision is to enable growth and productivity for globally competitive industries. To help realise this vision, the Department has four key objectives: supporting science and commercialisation, growing business investment and improving business capability, streamlining regulation and building a high performance organisation.
Our department is focused on building a high-performance working environment committed to the wellbeing and health of its employees. We encourage adaptability to change and invest in our employees’ learning and development to work in a challenging flexible environment.
Learn more about the Department of Industry and Science.
For more information regarding the position please contact Scott Nilsen on 02 6276 1477 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply:
- If you have NOT registered with our Online Application System, you can begin your Application by clicking the 'Begin' button.
- FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN DETAILS? click here and follow the steps.
- If you are unsure if you have registered before, click here and follow the steps.
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for - Internet Explorer 7.0 (or later browser versions), Safari, Firefox 3 (or later browser versions) and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any of the browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.