Employer: Pacific Gas & Electric
Location: San Francisco
Requisition #: 52914382-E03
Location: San Francisco
Requisition #: 52914382-E03
Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California. Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
PG&E's Corporate Security Department, Asset and Executive Protection provides sound physical security procedures and standards to address risks, manages the installation and maintenance of enterprise security systems, supervises the Corporate Security Control Center located in Fairfield, CA and manages the Executive Protection Program. Asset and Executive Protection also manages the security guard vendor contract for the enterprise along with oversee and implement the physical security mandates issued by government regulation. All of these services are critical to a company with over $52 billion in assets and revenues of over $15 billion and serves over 5 million electricity distribution customers and over 4 million natural gas distribution customers. Asset and Executive Protection is looking for a talented individual to work in the Corporate Security Department. Our team plays a crucial role in the protection of employees, facilities and assets by working with officers, directors, and managers to provide sound security recommendations and design of security systems. This individual will also conduct vulnerability assessments of current security conditions and provide recommendations to the various lines of business. This position offers considerable exposure to PG&E's business operations and an opportunity for stimulating professional growth.
The Executive Protection Security Investigator assists line management to ensure the protection of senior officers, employees, facilities and assets through intelligence gathering, the investigation of criminal activity, employee misconduct and other security-related incidents. Investigators provide training and consulting services to address current and projected security issues. In addition, they are PG&E's first point of contact for law enforcement agencies and will facilitate the handling of all law enforcement related matters.
*Note that this is a part time, hourly position. The primary responsibility of this role is to address the protection needs of a PG&E executive within the Marin and SF locations.
• High School Diploma
• 5 years prior law enforcement - prior experience should include conducting investigations, executive protection and event security
• Valid California Driver’s License
• Authority to carry a concealed weapon as permitted by law
• BA or BS in Criminology, Police Science, Criminal Justice Administration
• 15 years prior law enforcement experience, including a minimum of 10 years of experience in investigations, executive protection and event security
• Ability to write a comprehensive report of investigation
• Very strong verbal skills, especially with particular strengths in interrogation and interview techniques
• Ability to prioritize, plan, perform and communicate activities in written and verbal form
• Ability to multi-task
• Outstanding judgment
• Professional demeanor
• Crisis management response
• Training history should include the following areas: defensive driving, executive protection driving; personal protection/executive protection tactics, combat/tactical shooting, first aid/CPR; site security evaluations/assessments, security advances; emergency management/crisis management and intelligence gathering
• Perform executive protection functions, including executive driving, security advances, executive safety/security, proactive intelligence collection on site/office security, residential security/safety evaluations, coordination of activities with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies, and maintaining active communications with executive staff and other business units
• Conduct investigations that involve the executive protection program and related responsibilities
• Maintain expertise and skill levels in the executive protection program including driving, personal protection, defensive tactics, combat shooting, first aid/CPR, site security evaluations and state of the art security technology
• Remain available for executive protection 24/7, including immediate response to the security/safety needs of the executive and his or her family members
• Participate in the planning and coordination of travel (business or pleasure) involving the executive and his or her family members to provide security/safety recommendations and related security mitigations • Build and maintain strong relationships with law enforcement agencies at the local, state and federal level
• Conduct through employee-misconduct investigations and concisely document the outcome
• Complete related staff assignments, research projects, presentations, and security vulnerability assessments and plans
• Assist in the planning of major events involving the executives from a security perspective
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Security Manager and/or Senior Director