Employer: USA Embassy
Position Number: A56011
The U.S. Mission in Accra, Ghana is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Bodyguard Supervisor (APD) in the Regional Security Office (RSO) of the Embassy.
Basic Function Of Position:
• Responsibilities include providing a safe and secure environment for the conduct of US foreign policy. This is a managerial position in the Ambassador’s Protective Detail (APD) of the Regional Security Office. The incumbent is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the Ambassador’s Protective Detail. The incumbent is a specialist trained in close physical protection operations. The duty includes bodyguard protection of Embassy staff and visiting dignitaries; administrative duties such as reviewing and filing timesheets, leave records, evaluation reports, and site advance surveys. Maintains a working knowledge of emergency first-aid and Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
• Must be familiar with Ghana driving laws, local customs, cultural norms, as well as all USG regulations pertaining to motor vehicle operations. Must participate in training exercises and periodic drills to improve emergency response scenarios including protective service operations, motorcade operations and movements, attack scenarios as deemed appropriate by the RSO. Incumbent reports directly to the Assistant Regional Security Officer (ARSO).
• Incumbent must possess a strong knowledge in physical protection, standard security practices and procedures; provides daily oversight of Ambassador’s Protective Detail, documents deficiencies and recommends corrective courses of action ; creates work schedules; and reviews timesheets, conducts advance site surveys, drafts reports, maintain files and logs. The incumbent will develop and maintain low to mid-level contacts with host nation security forces.
Qualification Required & Experience
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
• EDUCATION: Successful completion of Secondary School (US High School equivalent) is required.
• EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in the commercial security guard business, civilian or government police or military is required.
• LANGUAGE: Level IV English required in speaking, reading, and writing (fluent). High degree of proficiency in both the written and spoken language. (Language proficiency will be tested).
• SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have a valid driver’s general license and be able to learn defensive driving. Basic understanding of Microsoft Office and Outlook is required. (Computer and driving skills will be tested).
When qualified, applicants who are U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and/or preference-eligible U.S. Veterans are given a preference in hiring. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants make themselves known as having a hiring preference and specifically address the required qualifications above in their application.
How To Apply
E-mail application to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 18 March, 2016